Jim focuses his practice on complex business litigation and life-altering personal injury matters. During his career, he has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of civil litigation matters in over 30 different states. As a true trial attorney, Jim has tried over 75 cases to a jury verdict. He is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy and Personal Injury Trial Law. He is also AV-rated (the highest legal rating available) by Martindale Hubbell and several times, his peers have voted him one of the “Super Lawyers” in the State of Texas, including for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- Winstead, Sechrest & Minick
- Quilling, Selander, Lownds, Winslett & Moser
- Heygood, Orr & Pearson
Memberships & Recognition
- State Bar of Texas
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
Voted by his peers, through the Texas Monthly magazine survey, as one of the “Super Lawyers” in Texas. For more information about what qualifies an attorney to be considered a Super Lawyer, download the “Super Lawyers in a Nutshell” PDF. View Jim’s profile.
AV-rated (the highest legal rating available) for his legal ability and ethical standards by the leading law firm rating service, Martindale Hubbell. More information regarding Martindale Hubbell’s legal ratings is available on their website.
Chairman, American Association of Justice Fentanyl Pain Patch Litigation Group.
Licenses & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Areas of Expertise
- Complex Business and Insurance Litigation
- Life-altering Personal Injury Cases
- Complex Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- Business Torts
- Product Liability Litigation
- Automobile Crashworthiness Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Trucking Litigation
- Nursing Home Abuse Litigation
- Shareholder Litigation
- Officer and Director Liability
- Securities Fraud Litigation