Mark Allan began his legal career as an associate attorney at the law firm of Kolodey & Thomas, where he spent several years working on complex commercial litigation cases. Mark worked under the tutelage of his mentor and acclaimed trial lawyer from 1983 until 1998. As a founding partner at Cramer & Allan, Mark worked in the general practice of law serving clients across North Texas. Mark opened a solo practice in 1998, where he specialized in cases involving commercial litigation, arbitration, estate planning for high net worth clients, business planning, insurance litigation and employment law.
For more than a decade, Mark has served as the Director of Legal Affairs for one of the largest Domino’s Pizza Franchises in the United States with more than 30 locations across Texas and Oklahoma. As Director of Legal Affairs, Mark provided counsel and guidance on all legal matters involving the business; served as legal advisor for mergers, acquisitions, financing, divestitures and joint ventures; negotiated complex business agreements; and represented the company in numerous legal and administrative proceedings.
Mark joined Heygood, Orr & Pearson in 2015 as Of Counsel.
In addition to his legal career, Mark has owned and operated several successful businesses and served as the founder and CEO of Sleep Smart, L.P., a diagnostic sleep center with locations in North and Central Texas, He also served as a School Board Trustee and eventual President of the Board of Trustees for the internationally acclaimed Barbara Gordon Montessori School located in Colleyville Texas where his experience with non-profit organizations played a vital role in the school’s growth and success.
- Magnet Center for Public Services, Government & Law
- Eastfield College (Associate Degree, Arts & Science)
- University of Texas at Arlington, B.B.A. (Finance Major – Graduated with Honors)
- Southern Methodist University, J.D. (American Bar Association Outstanding Student – 1994: Local Gov’t Law)
- National Dispute Resolution Center, Mediator Certification, 2000
- Eagle Scout
- Kolodey & Thomas
- Cramer & Allan
- Mark W. Allan, P.C.
- Domino’s Pizza
- Heygood, Orr & Pearson
- All Texas Courts – State Bar of Texas
- Eastern District Bankruptcy Court
- Eastern District of Texas Federal Court
- Northern District Bankruptcy Court
- Northern District of Texas Federal Court
- Southern District of Texas Federal Court
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States Tax Court
- Western District Bankruptcy Court
- Western District of Texas Federal Court
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Protection Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Employment Law
- Non-Profit Law
- Business Law
- Oil & Gas Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Local Government Law
- Real Estate Law
- Complex Chapter 11 Reorganizations
- Corporate Formation and Governance
- Labor Law